Thursday, January 8, 2009

2009 is here...it is January

Boy oh boy...we don't write on here very often do we? Is our life that boring? Actually, we aren't really exciting, however, things do happen but it is hard to decide what you would want to read about. Our lives the last couple of years have been the same ol same ol. Mom, the new apartment, Jeff's job and all the stress...that is why I don't share a whole lot.
Our kitties are wonderful!!! We don't have kids but we have kits...they are our pride and joy. We are struggling with diabetes in Penelope. She is such a sweet girl kitty. She takes insulin shots twice a day and seems to be doing a bit better. The vet would like to have her stay at the office for observation to check her sugars...but...I can't imagine her staying away from home all by herself. I know...some would say...she is a cat...but you know what? She is my cat...she is my daughter...the only one I will have...I can't bear to have her fret. She is our little worrier anyway. I have thought about asking if I could stay there with her...however, they probably wouldn't let me. Maybe if I took her in early in the morning and then stayed there with her all day and they took blood and such and I could bring her back home at night? At least I could be there with her since she would be in a strange place. Well, that is our Penelope. Our little sweetie girl kitty.
Our boy kitty, Marmalade, is more outgoing. He is resting right now on the bed. He is so tired from running around after his mom, grandma, sister and Papi, and from running and jumping window to window checking all the comings and goings in our neighborhood and, of course, cleaning himself. He has to rest alot! Timi took this picture of them eating their Christmas dinner. They have a can of tuna for special meals. They got a tuna dinner for New Years as well. They LOVE tuna!!!
I feel like a shut in! I am scared to death to try and walk on ice and we have had so much of it since before Christmas. I seem to get out maybe once a week. OK, I am a chicken. I have been chicken ever since I fell about 4 years or so ago. I broke my leg...Chris Filoso, Dave Patterson and Jeff will never forget it. They were the "crane" that had to pick me up!!!! I don't want to fall again! Breaking a bone hurts and my pride is tender, as well. Ha.

2 comments:

Liza said...

I'm sorry to hear about Penelope. I didn't know she has diabetes.
Yes,pets are part of our family and we love them too.

Cherie and Jeff said...

I love you! I love our babies, too. You're the best mama in the whole world!